Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Registration and submission of Online Haj Application Form (HAF).
How should I submit the Online Haj Application form for Haj -2020?
The submission of HAF passes through the following stages:
- Open the URL (http://www.hajcommittee.gov.in )
- Complete New User Registration process (which creates ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ )
- You will receive OTP on Your given Mobile After verification of OTP your accounts has been activated
· Re-login to the system using your ‘User Name i.e Mobile No’ and ‘Password’
- Fill online ‘Haj Application Form’
- Uploading scanned copies of the relevant documents is optional
- Read the declaration and check the ‘Declaration’ box
- Preview your data and confirm details
- Make payment of Fee through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking or through any Branch of
- SBI / UBI
- (For more Read the instructions given in GUIDELINES before filling the HAF.)
2. What should I ensure before starting applying online?
Please go through the “Instructions to How to apply online”. The same are available on website of Haj Committee of India.
3. Can I fill the Haj application form in offline mode?
No, the application form of Haj- 2020 can only be filled in the ONLINE MODE. Those who are unable for online submission/uploading documents they can take help of State /UT Haj Committee / e-Haj Seva Centre & NGO.
4. How long does my passport need to be valid for Haj-2020?
Valid Indian International Passport issued on or before 10th November, 2019 and valid at least up to 20th January, 2021.
5. What if I don’t have a Mobile number?
Mobile number is mandatory as the Payment confirmation or any other information is
Only through the registered Mobile number. Mobile number may also belong to your co-pilgrims.
6. What documents are required for filling-up of HAF?
Applicants upload the following documents while filling the application form for Haj -2020. The specifications for each document are mentioned below:
|Documents||File Size||File Type|
(colour passport size with white background)
|5 – 20 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|2||Passport Scanned copy
(First & last Page)
|80 to 250 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|3||Address Proof||80 to 250 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|4||Bank Pay-in-slip||80 to 250 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
7. What are the appropriate category for Haj Application Form?
There are two categories for Haj Application Form:
1) Reserved (Age 70+) 2) General
8. What is the Reserved (Age 70+) category?
- Applicant who completes 70 years or more as on 31 May, 2020 (i.e. applicant who were born on or before 31st May, 1950), along with ONE companion will be registered under this
ii) Companion is a MUST and no 70+ applicant alone will be registered under this category. For two 70+pilgrims in a single cover, t wo companions shall be allowed.
- Who is a companion?
A Companion is the nearest rel ative of the Pilgrim. For 70+ category companion shall be Husband/Wife/Brother/Sister/son/ Daughter or Granddaughter or Son -in-law/Daughter -in-law or Nephew/ Niece. No other relation will be allowed to travel as companion.
10. Can a 70+ applicant apply for Haj alone?
A 70+ applicant can also apply for Haj without companion however, it will not be consider ed under Reserved Category.
11. Are female applicants eligible to apply for Haj (without Mehram)?
Yes. There is a separate Category for female applicant namely Ladies without Mehram. Ladies above 45 years of age are allowed to travel in group of four (4) or more ladies.
12. How many persons can apply in one cover?
The size of the Cover/ Groups shall be minimum 1 (one) and maximum 5 (five) adults + 2 (two) infants. (If the number of family members exceed five, applications should be made in more than one Cover.)
13. Who is Cover head (Group Head)?
Cover head (Group Head) is a MALE person except Ladies without Mehram, whose application shall be given the first serial number in a particular cover. He /She shall bear the full responsibility of the other applicants registered in his/her cover.
14. Can a lady be the Cover head?
No. Only a male can be the head of the Cover. Except in cover for Ladies without Mehram.
15. What is Cover Number.?
Cover Number consists of the following parts : –
1) State Code (for example) : DL for Delhi
- ‘F’ for general / ‘R’ for reserved category
- Serial Order of Registration (for example) : 1079
- of applicants in the Cover (for example) : 3
- of Infants (for example) : 1
The sum of the above would appear as under:-
COVER NO. DLF-1079-3-1/ DLR-1079-3-1.
- When we received Cover Number?
Cover number is a unique computer generated number obtained from the IHPMS software, after verification of data entry and relevant documents of pilgrims by State/ UT Haj Committees. The Cover number is intimated to the Cover Head through SMS.
This Cover number must be used by the Applicants as reference in all further correspondence. Pilgrims must obtain Cover Number from State/ UT Haj Committees as no HAF will be considered for qurrah without Cover Number.
17. What is Accommodation Category?
Haj Committee of India procures accommodation units according to the requirement in each category through Consulate General of India, Jeddah. Usually, Accommodation Units are categorized in terms o f their distance from the outer periphery of Haram Shareif.
18. How many types of Accommodation Categories are there for Haj – 2020?
There are two categories for the Pilgrims of Haj – 2020, in Makkah Mukarramah. These are:
- NCNTZ. (Non Cooking Non Transport Zone)
(Buildings away from Haram Shareif at a distance of 1.5 kms. to 2 kms. (1 km away from the outermost periphery of Haram Shareif (without transport and without kitchen facility)
(Buildings located about 7-8 kms from the outermost periphery of Haram Shareif with transport and kitchen facility).
(Note: The accommodation category for all applicants under one Cover has to be the same. The Pilgrims of a Cover shall have to travel together. In no case a Cover shall be split.)
- Can a Pilgrim choose an Embarkation Point for himself / herself other than the one decided by the Haj Committee?
Embarkation Point for a particular pilgrim is decided on the basis of his/her present residential address given in the HAF. For Haj- 2020, the pilgrims will be charged Airfare on actual basis as decided through tender by MoCA. However, Pilgrims can choose the nearest economical Embarkati on Point (EP), if they so desire as per the given table in Guideline Para 18.
20. After completing the Online Application process and generating printable Application, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
No. After completing all the steps up to PDF application form generation in the online application process, you can only download the application form and cannot modify the data. Therefore, it is important to feed -in the correct information while filling t he application form.
21. How do I know that my application is completed?
Successful/completion HAF is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Final Submission Button a unique system generated GROUP ID will be displayed which indicates successful completion of online submission also you will receive SMS on your registered Mobile number.
22. Do I need to submit by post / by hand Filled Haj application Form and attachments?
Applicant will submit HAF filled through online system along-with uploaded documents. Printed HAF and documents will not be submitted to State / UT Haj Committees at this stage.
If applicant only submit s online HAF and could not upload the documents then applicants should take printout of filled HAF and submit to respective State /UT Haj Committee with d ocuments.
23. What is the fee to be paid with the application?
The fee to be paid with the application is Rupees Three hundred (Rs.300/ -) for each applicant (adult only).
24. Is there any Processing Fee for the Child / Infant?
The Processing Fee for a child is Rs. 300/ – each, while there is no Processing Fee for an Infant.
25. Are there any other charges for the accompanying Child / Infant?
A Child above 2 years accompanying his parents will be considered an adult Pilgrim and the f ull amount of airfare and Haj Amount has to be paid for him accordingly.
Infants are those Haj applicants who would complete two ( 2) years of age by 9th September, 2020 or by the date of arrival of last inward Haj Cha rter Flight. The total Haj amount payable for Haj 2020 will be finalized later.
26. How to make fee payment?
After filling online application, fee can be paid online through E-Payment Debit / Credit Card or Net banking.
Pilgrims making payments offline should pay in SBI/ UBI in the multiples of Rs.300/ – and must upload payment receipt along-with HAF through online system.
27. I have paid the Processing Fee for Haj – 2020, but I wish to cancel due to unavoidable reasons. Is the Registration Fee Refundable?
No, the Processing Fee is NOT REFUNDABLE.
28. I am facing problem in completing my registration/filling up Online HAF or making online payment of fees. How should I resolve my problem?
Kindly proceed as follows:-
Step 1 – Ensure that you’re Web Browser/ Internet Browser is of latest version, Java Script is enabled, Pop-up blocker is disabled. If problem still persists, go to step 2.
Step 2 – If the problem is still not resolved, kindly communicate the problem being faced by you through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com in your query and please furnish your problem details, so that HCOI may contact you to resolve your problem.
29. Who is a Nominee?
For Haj Pilgrimage, a Nominee is a person nominated by the Haji appropriately in the Haj Application Form, who can be contacted in India in case of any emergency. Preferably the person should be relative of the Haji.
30.Who is a Mehram?
The male companion of a Lady Pilgrim(s) during the entire course of Haj journey (as described in SHARIAT), is called a Mehram.
31. Who is an NRI Haj Applicant?
An NRI Haj Applicant is a person who is a citizen of India holding Indian passport but not staying in India and has applied for the Haj Pilgrimage.
32. What is the procedure for NRIs regarding submission of International Passport?
The selected Haj Pilgrim of Indian origin residing abroad is required to submit the following doc uments:
- Self-attested Copy of
- 2) Copy of Working / Residing
- Copy of Employment Letter showing his nature of employment in that
33. What is the last date for NRIs to submit their International Passport etc.?
The selected Haj Pilgrim of Indian origin residing abroad should submit the required documents by 10th Shawwal, 1441 (H).
34. What is the Adahi (Qurbani)?
Adahi (qurbani) through Islamic Development Bank (IDB) will be arranged by HCoI for the Covers who opt for it (all pilgrims of a Cover have to opt together). IDB is the only body authorized by the Government of KSA to perform Qurbani for Haj Pilgrims.
35. What is the Johfa Meeqat?
The Shia pilgrims who opt for JOHFA as Meeqat should mark the same in the HAF, for which they will be required to pay an additional amount of Saudi Riyals 100/ -.
36. I have forgotten my password. What should I do?
If you have forgotten your password, click on the link Forgot Password and follow further procedures
37. What is the last date for filling up the application form?
Last Date for filling up the online application form is 10th November, 2019. Check Haj Committee website for updates.
38. Is there any Helpline Number (Or) E-mail for online HAF Queries?
39. When will the result of selection (Qurrah) be declared?
The results of Qurrah Provisional selection will be declared tentatively in Last week of December, 2019, however the applicant advised to check the website regularly for any updates/changes.
Courtesy – HCOI